I have quite a few followers who have photography fetishes, with doors especially, and more …… you know who you are! Well, it’s time to own up to my own fetish ….. photographically speaking …… it’s bridges. Large, small, steel, wood, ancient, modern, essential, decorative, railway, road, on foot, over calm rivers, raging torrents or a total void. I’ve photographed and been over most of them, many in my Himalayan mountaineering days, many in my current dotage visiting cities around the world. The challenge for the camera was always to find the right angle to show the purpose, the structure and other characteristics of the bridge. Here’s some of my own as examples and I hope it will inspire you to go out and find examples to #challengeyourcamera, though you will see a few below that challenged my nerves too!
Roll of Honour #6 Colour Splash
It seems like a lot of my “regulars” had a problem with last weeks challenge and fewer folks had a go, but thank you to all who tried. The colour splash technique can create some quite stunning images and there’s a whole community of colour splashers on Instagram if you enter hashtags like #coloursplash #redsplash #greensplash etc etc you will see lots of examples. Definitely a technique worth developing. Many apps ARE free but a lot depends on iOS vs Android and Microsoft vsMac as well as being feature dependent. I’m posting an “extra” tomorrow about coloursplash to help a little.
- I Scrap 2
- Marilyn Unmasked
- Now At Home
- Musings of an Inconsistent Libyan
- View From The Back
- Travels with Ali
- Philosophy Through Photography
- Cees Photo Challenges
- That Travel Lady in Her Shoes
- A Prairie Perspective
- Shutters on the World
Each week I am selecting a single theme to point my camera at or display a few photos from my collection as a way to brighten up the week as we enter a new year which we all hope will be brighter than the last. If you would like to join me in #challengeyourcamera then here’s what to do:
1. Follow me to discover the weekly theme I have chosen.
2. Select a few photos related to the week’s theme
3. Post your own photos that week, any day you like.
4. Include a caption with each photo so we know what/where it is
5. Include a link to my blog in your post so that I am notified and can follow you back
5. Add a pingback/link to YOUR post in the comment section of MY post on that weeks theme.
6. Include the tag #challengeyourcamera
1. I will follow you back
2. I will encourage other posters to follow you
3. I will list each blogger in my weekly post in arrears