St John The Baptist Church, Cirencester, is the largest church in Gloucestershire and is often referred to as The Cathedral of the Cotswolds. Here are the most interesting facts about it.
1. The chancel was built in 12th Century
2. The church overall was built in 15th Century
3. It was built using the money of the 10 Wool Merchants in the town
4. The church font is from the 14th Century
5. TOP FACT: At the end of the south aisle, in a barred recess is The Anne Boleyn Cup, made for Anne and given to her daughter Elizabeth. On becoming queen, Elizabeth gave it to her physician, Richard Master, who then presented it to the church in 1561