I outline below a considered report, based on high level analysis, of the undoubted economic position of the UK by the year 2030. The report was compiled using well proven speculation techniques recently used by the U.K. Labour Party, Tony Blair, The House of Lards, Lard Mandelson, Lard Heseltine, The Bonk of England, and massaged by the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation. The report was compiled by The Faeries, c/o Garden Bottom, Not Brussels.
In summary, the key points are as follows:
- The first two years post Brexit will see structural problems across the entire economy relating generally to the uncertainty across the EU caused by the withdrawal referendums of Italy, Hungary, Poland, Austria, Czech Republic, Netherlands and Denmark.
- The structural problems will occur because of the EU imposed regulatory and contractual frameworks collapsing and the negative impact of this on the private sector.
- During this period however the £ will make significant gains against the € which will stabilise by 2025 as a number of countries withdraw from the Eurozone.
- By 2030, but not linearly across the period, unemployment will fall to zero.
- The annual growth rate of the U.K. will steadily rise from 1.8% in 2018, to 2.2% by 2021 and stabilise around 4.2% by 2030.
- Growth markets will be accessed via trading partnerships with China, the old Commonwealth countries, the US, and the new rising economies of North and East Europe.
- Food prices will fall as the new UKAP enabling powers and grants are enacted.
- The reduction in VAT to 10% will impact strongly on household budgets
- Wages will rise ahead of inflation across the whole period as Free Trade deals rise and unskilled immigration falls.
Further balanced reports will be published focusing on Crime Reduction, Healthcare Improvement, Housing Growth.